Week 2

 This week I wanted to take a more challenging yoga class. I wanted to see what I was capable of and what I'm not capable of. Also, I don't have the greatest flexibility but that's something I wanted to work on. This class was 30-40 minutes long and called advanced Vinyasa yoga flow. This yoga dealt with core, leg and balancing. We began with a laying position on our backs. She told us to bring our knees to the chest. We did small motions of moving our hips right and legs and doing the same with our ankles. The next motion was like a situp but we kept our knees to our chest and just brought the head up to the knees. I did this motion a few times and it burned my core I was working up a sweat. I'm not someone that's flexible especially because I have big legs. This motion was to stretch out our hamstrings. So our legs would just go straight up while your back is still laying. I could not get my legs to go all the way up straight it had a significant bend to it. The most difficult move that I failed miserably was where you balance your whole body just on two hands one leg straight back and the other leg out to your side and in a bent and your head just leaning forward. The motion seemed like a hip hop dance move. My favourite motion was where we balance our body on one leg standing and the other leg is straight back and arms straight out. In that motion the standing leg we slowly started to bend it and bring the back leg down keeping our position and stretching the top half of our body up. I really enjoyed taking this yoga class and it was a workout. There are so many more things to learn and I am excited to try it out. Overall I don't think I did terrible in this advanced yoga but there's a lot to learn and practice. 

Comments

  1. ok...what did you and/or the instructor do to create a sacred space? Make sure you include the writing prompts for each week

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Practice Journal

Blog 11