Weekly Practice Journal

 This is my first time experiencing yoga. I, unfortunately, couldn't attend a live class due to my schedule this week, I searched up a video on youtube for yoga beginners. The title of the video was "10-minute morning yoga for beginners. We first started off sitting in a traditional seated manner such as crossing your legs on a mat. Then we started to place my hands on my knees breathing in and out through my nose. She said to pull your chest forward and lift your chin up and to do a big inhale and exhale to round the spine. She said to tuck my chin and inhale open chest forward chin up and to exhale to round cave my chest chin down and come back to the center. We did this motion a few times and moved on to the next motion. We started to reach our hands out past my sides so my fingertips barely touch the ground and to reach my left arm up and overhead as your right palm flattens down on the ground. We did a big inhale and exhale to switch sides, where the left hand comes down to the ground right arm, reaches up and overhead inhale and exhale. We did this motion repeatedly. At this point, I felt something different such as a state of calmness and relaxation. I never have done yoga before and to be honest, I never had the urge to do till this course and I don't regret it at all. Yoga may be something apart of my day even if it's for the morning, afternoon, and night time I think it works for any time of the day. I feel like yoga can help get through stressful times and with whatever comes with it. 

Comments

  1. OK! I can't believe there are so many 10 minute classes! (you are not the first!)...as you move through the term, make sure to take some longer classes, even if you just "observe" some of it. Beginners classes are good though for beginners. Just want you to have more time to observe and experience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2

Blog 11