Stress Relief

 This week I wanted to try out stress relief yoga. Yoga is something physical, spiritual, calming, and so much more. It's a broad term. Anytime I'm stressed I like to go to the gym or play a sport to get my mind off of things and just take the frustration out on working out. I'm curious to know how yoga will do that for me or the question is would I get into the state of stress relief with this yoga? 

Beginning of the class there was nice calming music in the background and the instructor giving instructions. We started off on laying on our stomach flat and our head turned to one side. I closed my eyes and began to inhale and exhale calming my mind, my body and loosening everything in my body. Then we did a movement where we bring our head to our knees and extending out arms out and just controlling our breathing closing our eyes. The next movement which I was surprised I could do. One leg would be extended out and the other leg came across your stomach and lay you top half of your body on your leg if you can, I was not fully able to do it but I tried my best. Closed our eyes and just inhaled and exhaled. 

In my conclusion of this class, I feel like I was not really there to fully experience and be in the state of mind of 100% relaxation and stress relief. I definitely felt relaxed especially because of the breathing the closure of the eyes and relaxing music. I think the reason I did not feel as much was that I'm very new to this and I'm just learning it would take lots of practice and time for me to get where I would like to be. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2

Weekly Practice Journal

Blog 11