week 12

 Since one of our classes included mediation unfortunately I had to miss it due to personal issues I wanted to take time out of my day to give myself a chance to relax, refocus, regroup and gather my thoughts together. I did the vipassana meditation for 1 hour sitting that the professor provided in the email. I noticed that the YouTube video is not really a video so I just put my headphones on, closed my eyes, crossed my legs and just relaxed. I began listening to his voice many of these hums I have never heard. His voice was soft but there was just something about it that I didn’t fully like and it threw me off my zone a few times. I also never fully experienced multiple moments of just plain silence with your eyes closed. It felt like I was entering another world and imagining a place with just peace and comfort. Also the best part is I kept my room dark, I lit up a candle, put the fan on low and put on my noise cancelling headphones. Personally out of all the different variations of yoga we have done meditation happened to be my favorite because I was in a place where I got to be all by myself and nothing nearby to distract me. I felt at peace and I got a chance to figure out some of the issues in my life. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2

Weekly Practice Journal

Blog 11